I can’t believe that today is July 1st! I feel like Summer is flying by way too quickly. This weekend I am taking time to slow down and be with family in light of a pretty rough week; in fact, my in-laws decided to make a spur of the moment decision to hop up to NYC from Savannah for the long weekend. Our only plans for the weekend are to enjoy time together and relax. In my mind that translates to lots of sleep, relaxing on the back patio with a good book, working in the yard, lots of grilled dinners and some outdoor workouts with Bo – swimming, running and biking. What are your weekend plans?
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- Social media has been the topic of a few people’s posts this week including this Instagram post and this blog post. While I am thankful for the friendships and opportunities social media has provided over the years, sometimes even the most active social media users and bloggers need to take a step back, breathe and ensure that we aren’t letting it negatively impact our lives and that everything is kept in perspective. Thanks to your emails and comments, it’s clear I’m not the only person who feels this way.
- The second NYC byChloe location opened in Flatiron last week and I’m happy to share that the food is incredible and the lines are far faster and shorter than the original location. Add this spot to your list of places to eat in NYC if you haven’t been already. I’m in love with their salads! If you’ve eaten there before, what was your favorite?
- Need a laugh? Read this, especially if your refrigerator is covered in birth announcements.
- When I saw that my favorite t-shirt is marked down to less than $10, I couldn’t resist ordering it in three more colors as the slim fit and soft feel has me wearing it all weekend long and even pairing it with a flowy skirt for meetings.
- These nine cocktail recipes make it easy to stay hydrated this Summer even during happy hour as they are all made with sparkling water! I think I’ll have to make the GreyMousse for happy hour tonight!
- I am hoping that these 12 travel photography tips will help me capture breathtaking pictures when we’re in Canada next month.
- I wonder if this means that we’re in for a whole new round of podcasts following Adnan Syed’s journey. I didn’t realize that the spinoff, “Undisclosed” actually unearthed crucial new evidence!
- Our herbs are growing so quickly that I’ve started searching Pinterest for recipes that will use mint and basil since these two are growing faster than we’ve been using them. I am going to double this recipe for Monday’s Fourth of July festivities and change up the pasta choice so it feels more like a side dish than a main course.
- This Summer Running Playlist introduced me to three new songs I immediately added to my Spotify workout playlist.
- Over my five Summers in NYC, I thought I had done everything on most magazine and friends Summer Lists. This article, 92 Days of Summer in NYC, made me realize just how much I have left to experience including brunch at Claudette, Pier A Harbor House, Sabbia, Magnum pop-up, Met Breuer, Grand Banks, Wave Hill and mini golf at Hudson River Park!
Okay guys, with that I’m ready for the weekend! Hope you have wonderful weather wherever you are this weekend and enjoy time with friends and family.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!