Happy Friday friends! I woke up to a crisp, cool Fall morning and the promise of what is going to be a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Tonight Bo and I are heading to Exceed Fitness as part of NYC Fitness week then we are going to a new neighborhood restaurant for date night. Tomorrow will include no alarm clock, yoga, an event at Bandier, tennis and plenty of relaxation. My only plans for Sunday are an 8-mile long run with my friend Mary and a few errands. Like I said, this is going to be the weekend my body needs and craves. What are your plans for the weekend?
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- Yesterday’s outfit was definitely a favorite this week for both me and you guys! After sharing a peek of it on Instagram many of you asked for more details. Even though the items I’m wearing in this picture were purchased last year, everything is still available and many of the items are on sale! In case you are interested, here are the links: Faux leather skirt – Chambray Shirt – Pave Link Bracelet – Leopard Heels (similar and similar)
- These two articles on sugar and carbs were eye-opening and a very good reminder that you can’t always trust what you see on labels or recommendations.
- As someone who started running later in life, I could not be more excited for Women’s Running series, Project Start!
- The WebMD rabbit hole is a scary place. Trust me, I’ve been there more than once when looking for answers to health questions. A new site, Truly-MD, is providing no-nonsense answers to women and better yet, the information comes from healthcare providers so women can make informed decisions!
- Thanks to a special delivery from Skinny & Co , I was inspired to start oil pulling again this week! Last year I kept up this healthy habit for three months and love that it leaves my mouth and gums feeling fresh and clean! This coconut oil is has a refreshing mint flavor and is 100% pure, wild-harvested, raw coconut oil. If you want to try it out, use the code SKINNYCO15 to save 15% off your first order.
- If you’re a blogger, make sure you check out this post as it is very helpful and makes SO much sense!
- Similar to Kayla, I often see people make these same form mistakes during workout classes and wish I could correct them!
- If you’ve never ridden at Soul Cycle, this is the month to try it out! New riders get to ride for free in all cities – just call your local studio to book!
- If you’re in NYC, the new Dumbo Yoga Vida location is gorgeous and must be added to your list! Two studios, a loft vibe and huge showers and steam rooms make it the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day. Bring a friend and sweat through their hot yoga class then head downstairs for coffee and breakfast at the new Bluestone Lane.
- These nutritionists made me think twice about a few of my go-to “healthy” snacks.
- Last year this Turkey Trot was on of my favorite races of the year and registration opened today!! and I can’t wait to race it again! Here’s hoping I can find sub-8:30 paces in my legs over these next two months. Who wants to join me at Mile High Run Club?
- Speaking of getting faster, this treadmill workout helped Laura set an amazing new 5k PR!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!