Happy Sunday! I hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful weekend. Do you have plans to watch the Super Bowl? Since Bo and I are both from Georgia, we have hopes that the Atlanta Falcons will Rise Up and win tonight. Unfortunately, we just realized that since we got rid of cable this month, we don’t know how we can watch the game at home. Any tips? If your football knowledge is less than stellar, give this article a glance before you watch the game tonight.
Since I didn’t have a chance to share my weekly favorites with you this month, I decided to share a round-up of the things I loved during January. Now, let’s dive into this edition of favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught or that I found myself loving this month.
- Orangetheory – Since the new Park Slope studio opened in January, Bo and I have loved working out together at Orange Theory one to two times per week. As I mentioned previously, their coaches have been terrific in helping me make adjustments as needed due to the pregnancy and I love that each coach truly creates a motivating and supportive environment. The 60-minute classes fly by and so far I’ve really enjoyed the longer treadmill sets intermixed with the rowing and strength portion. The high intensity interval training has complemented my YMCA routine as well as the more gentle barre and pilates workouts I’m taking.
- Acure Sensitive Facial Cleanser – The past month my face has become victim to the cold, windy weather and dry air. While I’m still using my favorite oil cleanser in the evening to remove my makeup, I’m using this sensitive, mositurizing cleanser in the morning and in the evening, following the oil cleanser. If you’re looking for an economical, natural skin care line, Acure can be found at Walmart, Target and Whole Foods and is a great way to transition your routine and experiment with different items.
- I’ve been using this rich, hydrating, natural face moisturizer a few nights per week after exfoliating and have noticed a visible difference in my face. My makeup went on smoother and my skin feels healthier after just a few uses.
- Even though my parents have been to New York many times over the years, it’s always fun to plan a few special activities during their visits. This month our plans include indulging in safe to eat cookie dough creations, high tea at The Plaza and spending time at our favorite NYC museum in between some maternity and nursery shopping.
- While Bo and I both enjoy duck, I often find many of the recipes to be overly rich or complicated. Thanks to Serious Eats Dinner Tonight section, we enjoyed a simple and flavorful duck dish last night. We made a perfect winter meal by pairing the fig duck with homemade mashed sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts.
- If the winter air has your hair screaming for help, I highly recommend Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Creme. I’ve been using it for the past six weeks as a styling cream before blow drying my hair and see and feel a noticeable difference. My hair is softer, smoother and has less frizz throughout the day.
- Burrito Bowls – I’ve been craving Mexican food this week so after seeing Nicole’s burrito bowl tutorial post I did some research and ended up buying the ingredients to make a hybrid recipe this week including inspiration from Nicole, Damn Delicious and Ambitious Kitchen.
- Looking for a few new running blogs or just some inspiration to get off the couch? I find Amanda’s posts to always be informative, but this round-up of running blogs was especially helpful for someone looking to update their blog and Instagram feed.
- Julia’s idea to sip this green smoothie as an afternoon snack inspired me to buy the ingredients today and try whipping it up when I’m working from home this week. I love that the recipe includes a few items I’d never think to put in a green smoothie like collagen and sunflower seeds!
- Since receiving this under eye concealer in last month’s Birchbox, I’ve used it daily and recently ordered the full-size version. It doesn’t crease, goes on easily and helps give me that well-rested look we all crave.
What is a recipe, product or post you loved in Janaury?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!