As you guys know, even though I live in New York City, I tend to avoid monochromatic, black workout gear in favor of bright, fun prints and colors. In fact, a few months ago, when it was requested that I wear black for a photo shoot, I realized that I have have very few pieces of black workout gear aside from shorts and tights.
Imagine my excitement when Brooks launched their Spring Escape collection, featuring lots of color ranging from aqua and teal to vibrant neons. Since I knew that my Spring workout gear from Brooks would be used more for workouts and errands than running, I chose coordinating pieces that could keep me dry and warm during the March and April showers but feeling Spring like thanks to vibrant colors.
Here is a quick description of the gear I’m wearing in these photos.
- Brooks Greenlight Running Capris – The wide waist band slips versus creating an akward muffin top while the drilayer material kept me dry during tough workouts. The side rouching provides a fun detail and the crops are available in 7 colors ranging from this fun pattern to plain black. I found the fit to be very true to size and went up one size to provide space for my growing belly. PSA – Some of last season’s colors are on sale for $20 on this site!
- Brooks Freemont Running Jacket – As soon as I took this jacket out of the box, I knew it would be a favorite. The semi-fitted nature makes it perfect for either a chilly, drizzly run or running errands. The perforated panels on the jacket ensure that you don’t over heat while the two pockets provide space for phones, cash and headphones.
- Brooks Launch 4 Running Shoes – This neutral shoe provides the perfect amount of support for my high arches while still being lightweight and cushioned. I’ve enjoyed using this responsive shoe for long walks, Orangetheory workouts and my last few runs in March. Available in seven different colors, there is a color combination for everyone!
- Brooks Run Happy Smile T-Shirt – This soft, dri-layer t-shirt has become a favorite of mine lately as it is soft and cozy while still being technical enough for my sweaty Orangetheory workouts. The fun blue color pairs perfectly with any of my shorts or crops and makes me smile everytime I wear it. PSA – Certain colors and sizes are on sale for $20 on this site.
- Brooks Juno Bra – As you all know, before pregnancy, I didn’t need much support for my 36A chest. I could workout in shelf tanks though I often chose to wear a lightly padded sports bra for high impact workouts. These days, I am wearing a 34C and know that between now and when I start nursing my chest will most likely grow into a D. It’s crazy the support I need these days and am thankful that Brooks creates bras that are perfect for women of all shapes and sizes. After wearing the Juno bra almost exclusively these past two months, I understand why it’s one of their top-selling bras. The adjustable straps make it perfect for a personalized fit or nursing while the back’s mesh provides plenty of breathability. So far I have this in cobalt blue and black but am eyeing the vibrant print as well. PSA, the previous version is on sale for $45 on this site.
Thank you to Alexis Damen Photography for the gorgeous shots!