Hey gang! I’m currently in the midst of packing and saying goodbye to Geneva.
Last night was all about the fun, while today is all about packing.
I’ll let you guess which of the two I prefer more. Luckily the movers are also packing the majority of our things but I ended up spending most of the day packing the air shipment goods, the things we’ll check on the plane Saturday and then helping the movers. It went better than expected but is still stressful.
Instead of focusing on the move, let’s talk about something that is more fun: RUNNING! After Sunday’s race, I’m anxious and excited to run ALL THE RACES! Luckily, we’re moving back to New York City this weekend which means that I will have easier access to races of all lengths. Since I have a tendency to over commit, I’ve only signed up for the below races so far. We have a lot going on this Summer with the move, finding an apartment, moving into the apartment and getting reacclimated. But, I’m excited to have a mix of races on the schedule that I can race and others like the Nike Women’s Half Marathon, that I can run for fun and enjoy with friends.
- I’m hoping to run this with my sister-in-law Meg and her fiancée, as they have recently started running.
NYRR R-U-N 5k – August 6th
- A NYRR race in Central Park on a Thursday night? Heck yes! I’d love to race this one and then celebrate with my runner friends over beers and burgers post race. You should join us!
NYRR Bronx 10 Miler – September 27th
- Jess suggested that this could be a great half marathon warm-up race to check in with my fitness levels and practice everything for race day.
Rock ‘n’ Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon – October 10th
- Excited for an awesome race weekend with LOTS of friends! Amy, my original running buddy is flying in from Cincinnati for the race and lots of fun.
Nike Women San Francisco Half Marathon – October 18th
- Running for fun with Kristine and my Geneva friend, Lauren, who just moved to San Francisco. Here’s hoping we get in via the lottery.
Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Half Marathon – November 7th
- Running it and then walking with my Mom, Aunt and my brother’s girlfriend Madeline. SO excited for another great Savannah race experience!
In addition to running, I’m looking forward to taking advantage of Summer in New York City with free outdoor workouts, trying standup paddleboard yoga with a local yoga studio at Rockaway Beach, and supporting friends for a few of their miles as they train for fall marathons!
I hope to see a few of you out running! Are you signed up for any of these races? If so, which ones?