Have a seat friends and refill that cup of coffee or glass of wine, depending on the hour, as it is time for a virtual date. A lot has transpired since our last date together. In fact, I feel as if the past few months have been a whirlwind and a blur, leaving us both a bit exhausted but very happy. It’s incredible to reflect on how much has changed in just eight months. The home office we only finished designing a year ago is already starting to evolve into our nursery. The rest of our home has transformed into a cozy, though sometimes drafty, space where I can envision our life for at least the next few years. I have a lot to share with you all tonight, so here goes.
- If we were sitting together today, I’d tell you that this weekend I overhauled my dresser drawers in search of more space. This search led me to discover that my workout clothes were taking up five drawers in my dresser, even though only six or seven of those pieces currently fit. I am storing all my workout clothing in a basket above our closet, but definitely need to get a few pieces especially a few more long sleeve workout tops.
- If we were sitting together today, I would tell you that per the recommendation of so many people, Bo and I are trying to build weekly date nights into our routine as well as time to connect with friends. I am doing my best to ensure I am able to remain present and not overwhelmed by these social commitments by only planning 1-2 per week instead of trying to pack a month’s worth into one week.
- If we were sitting together today, I’d insist that you add two books to your reading list. Last year I read 31 books and have no doubt that this year I will reach my goal of reading at least 52 books, especially when I think of all those hours of breastfeeding that await me come June. However, two of the books I finished in January, still run through my mind each day more than any other book I read last year – It Ends With Us and All The Light We Cannot See. Though very different books, both evoked emotions and thoughts about difficult subjects in the most beautiful and touching ways. What’s the best book you read recently?
- If we were sitting together today, my face would get red as I admitted to you that last week, Bo and I found ourselves either eating out or eating delivery food every night. A combination of poor planning, evening commitments and work caused this but I don’t want it to become a habit. Years ago, when we lived in Gramercy, we survived on Seamless, ordering salads, sushi or Greek almost nightly. I pinned a few recipes that I’m hoping to prep ahead on Sunday so we can have a week worth of home cooked meals next week. This week we are already on the right track as a chicken is roasting in the oven right now.
- If we were sitting together today, I would confide in you that I already have mom guilt and I haven’t even given birth. I always thought that Bo and I would capture each week of pregnancy, using the blocks our friends gave us to keep a timeline of the journey. Unfortunately, I haven’t taken a picture with the blocks in almost three weeks. This makes me sad as I know that I will want to look back on this pregnancy and remember all the milestones. Here’s hoping we can get better for the next 22 weeks.
- If we were sitting together today, I’d tell you how surprised I am to enjoy my new work setup. I’ve recently started working from my company’s WeWork location in the Union Square area two to three days per week and am surprisingly enjoying the change of pace. I thought I would miss my work from home routine but instead have found that I thrive on the camaraderie, enjoy catching up with other friends who work in the area over breakfast or dinner dates and now value my work from home days even more.
- If we were sitting together today, I’d tell you how excited I am about my upcoming trip to Des Moines, Iowa. Four of my college girlfriends are coming together for the first time in ages to enjoy a weekend of relaxation, catch up and fun together while also discovering our friend’s new city.
- If we were sitting together today, I’d tell you that I am so thankful for the Snoogle pregnancy pillow. I am borrowing my friend Amanda’s and thanks to that huge, awkward shaped pillow, after two weeks of restless, uncomfortable sleep, I slept wonderfully last night and didn’t wake up with back pain this morning.
- If we were sitting together today, I’d tell you that I just ordered a maternity swimsuit for lap swimming. Now that our membership to the YMCA provides us access to a large, beautiful indoor pool I have no excuse not to hop back in the pool. Many of my friends have raved that it helped them stay healthy throughout pregnancy and after giving birth, so even though the idea of getting in a bathing suit isn’t exciting, I’m going to dive in this weekend.
Your turn: What would you share with me?