Happy Friday! Yesterday those of us in New York and the Northeast were in a Winter Wonderland with our first snow day of 2017. In Brooklyn we received ten inches of snow throughout the day. Luckily, Bo and I were able to enjoy a sweaty workout bright and early before I was snowed in for the day. After a cancelled flight, I am finally en route to Des Moines, Iowa by way of a layover in Detroit. As I’ve mentioned, I’m heading to Iowa for a 48-hour girls weekend with some of my closest sorority sisters. While we’ve texted, emailed and chatted over the years it’s been far too long since we spent quality time together.
Now, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- Even though I only received these new Brooks Ghost Crops, which I’m wearing in the above picture, from my friends at Brooks on Monday, I’ve already worn them for two workouts this week. These lightweight, moisture-wicking crops feature a pocket large enough for my iPhone and a supportive waistband that provides some extra support to my back and stomach during workouts. I love the fun design on the aqua pair I received so much that I’ve already ordered the vibrant ones in a larger size to enjoy during my third trimester. While it’s still cold outside I’m wearing these for indoor workouts like OrangeTheory and Body Pump but I can tell they will also be a Spring staple as I start jogging and walking outside more.
- After my friend Amanda lost all of her photos, I was inspired to make sure my phone photos are backed up to somewhere other than my computer. Luckily as an Amazon Prime member, I have free access to Prime Photos which provides free, unlimited photo storage and sharing. The powerful search algorithm allows you to quickly sort, filter and organize pictures while the easy-to-use interface allows me to send and receive photos and albums to friends and loved ones. I even organized my blog photos in one folder so I can easily reference them for use on social media!
- I know I have a lot to learn and am currently very naive when it comes to work life balance since introducing a child into the equation changes everything. As I prepare to become a working mom, I loved reading these tips and tricks from mothers who balance multiple roles on a daily basis.
- I received a sample of Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! conditioning hair mask from Sephora last month and immediately fell in love with the results. Not only is this mask free of parabens and sulfates, but it is also 95% composed of natural ingredients. I apply the mask in the shower after washing my hair and let it soak in while I shave, wash my face and body. My hair, which has been dry and cranky during my winter pregnancy, is soft and smooth after using this once a week for the past few weeks!
- As I started dreaming and researching Spring fashion earlier this week, I fell in love with these chic athleisure shoes. Perfect for running errands and walking around town, the fun color of these shoes make them perfect for Spring. I can’t decide between the pink or Flyknit version. Thoughts?
- If you’re a fan of the podcast Serial, you’re in luck. The creator announced a new podcast series that will air in March. The series, which is about an Alabama man who despises his small town and finally does something about it, will have seven episodes which will all become available on the same day.
- Now that I’m going to my company’s WeWork office 2-3 days per week, I’ve started making food prep a part of my weekly routine. I pinned a number of salads and lunches to my Pinterest Recipe board this week which will make prepping and shopping easier. This week’s lunches consisted of homemade Chipolte-inspired salads, washed and cut berries, almonds and an apple with almond butter.
- I realized that this JCrew Merino Wool Sweater blazer is perfect for everyone, including pregnant ladies like myself, since the material has more stretch than a typical blazer. The longer length and relaxed fit allows me to pair it with leggings while the feminine details make me feel chic and put together, even at 5:30 AM. Today I paired it with tall boots, black leggings, a black turtleneck and one of my favorite necklaces.
- I’m all about working smarter not harder and therefore loved this Fast Company article which recommended first four things every person should do to start their work day. The Mark Twain quote which inspired their first tip is so true – if you start the day by eating a frog (aka doing the hardest task) you know that the day can’t get any harder.
- Last but not least, I was surprised and delighted to find so many healthy food options at Cibo Express in LaGuardia Airport bright and early this morning. I was able to put together a healthy breakfast with Siggi’s yogurt, Purely Elizabeth granola, pasteurized orange beet juice and a banana!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and instead is a list of the things of my favorite things this week. As normal, it includes lots of beauty and fashion items which means there are a few affiliate links via ShopStyle. It takes time and money to maintain a blog so I thank you for the support and few cents that come from clicking through the links!