Working from home, I need to keep lunch interesting. I have the entire kitchen and refrigerator at my disposal, but still find myself making the same salad or sandwich on a daily basis. Getting in a rut is easy. But to keep my taste buds satisfied, which is part of my goal with intuitive eating, I’ve made it my goal to try something new each week.
This delicious and healthy recipe makes the perfect lunch. It takes just a few minutes, and I bet you have most of the ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry already. This recipe is nutritious, affordable, delicious, easy and an excellent source of protein which is always key. Thanks to ClassPass, I’m working out more than ever which means I’m always hungry. Ensuring that I have a source of lean protein, like tuna, at every meal not only helps keep the hunger monster at bay but also repair muscles.
The base of this lunch is an ingredient we always keep handy in our pantry – Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore in Water. Guys, if you’ve never tried this type of canned tuna you HAVE to add it to your shopping cart during your next shopping trip. It is unlike any tuna you may have grown up eating or avoiding. Trust me, as soon as you open the can you will be able to see the quality of this firm, chunky tuna. With a firm texture, light color and fresh taste – Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is the perfect ingredient to deliciously enhance almost any recipe, adding a variety of nutrients – including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals.
Healthy Asian Tuna Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 can of Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/8 cup Grape Seed Oil or other neutral oil
- 3 scallions (greens only)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots or Trader Joe’s Asian Slow mix
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cashews or slivered almonds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Your favorite salad base (kale, mixed greens, romaine)
- Place the drained tuna in a large mixing bowl, gently breaking the chunks up with a fork.
- Add the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame seeds, Sriracha and grape seed oil and toss well to combine flavors and ingredients.
- Place greens in two bowls, one for you and the other for a friend!
- Top greens with shredded carrots and scallions
- Place half tuna salad mixture on top of each bowl of greens and carrots
- Top with cilantro, nuts, salt and pepper
Want to learn more about the quality and ingredients that go into each can of Bumble Bee tuna? Visit their “Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do” site.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.