Happy Friday! Are you guys doing the long weekend dance yet? I have just a few more hours of work before we head up to Vermont for the weekend. My family has a home in Manchester Center, Vermont which is the perfect place to visit when we need a weekend out of the city. We are doing something new this weekend and spending a bit more time in town enjoying some new restaurants, workouts and shopping. While we’re not in town we’ll be hiking and breathing in the fresh, clean air and enjoying the warmer than normal weather.
I hope you guys enjoy a wonderful, long weekend. Please take a moment to remember the reason and history for this long weekend as it isn’t just about cookouts and welcoming Summer. So since there is very little time between now and the weekend, let’s dive into this week’s edition of Friday Favorites, including recipes, articles, posts and other things that caught my eye this week.
- How can I not address this week’s opening picture. Wedding dancing is definitely one of my favorite things as there is nothing more fun than our group of friends, great music and a huge dance floor. This picture was taken two hours into the reception and what you can’t see is that I was dancing barefoot and sweating profusely. Can we have another dance party soon guys?
- Thank you Time.com for this explanation of why Memorial Day is a three-day weekend.
- I finally caved and ordered my first off-the-shoulder blouse. Miraculously, both Bo and I find it flattering and fun. I’m going to wear it to dinner tonight with my new sandals, white jeans and simple gold earrings.
- I loved this OPI nail polish so much that I bought it at Rite Aid following this week’s manicure. It’s a bright, cheery pop of pink that coordinates with almost any color or skin tone.
- If I’m craving something other than an apple and almond butter for an afternoon snack, I’ll turn to this popcorn. The hint of olive oil and sea salt gives it a rich, delicious flavor while still only being 24 calories per cup! There is nothing artificial or crazy on the ingredient list just popcorn, sunflower oil, olive oil and sea salt!
- Earlier this week I had the opportunity to hear two employees from LinkedIn talk about the perfect profile. This graphic easily helps anyone take a lackluster or non-existent profile and quickly transition it into a profile that will get attention and build your equity online. As they reminded us during the speech, a profile isn’t only important for job-seekers but also people who manage others as these days employees go directly to LinkedIn to learn more about future employers or team members.
- While I take a pre-natal vitamin daily, I think it’s very important for people to understand more about vitamins. This quote articulated the importance of understanding the why and aligning it with your doctor. There are only 13 vitamins, which are essential for health, compared to over 85,000 dietary supplements for sale in America.
Have a great weekend friends! I’ll check in from Vermont with some of our adventures but until then, I hope you enjoy some rest and relaxation.