This week, my posts will revolve around Las Vegas and staying healthy while traveling. A week in the city of sin can alter a healthy lifestyle very quickly if you’re not careful. Therefore, one of my goals for the week is to stick with my workout routine. I’ll have to alter it slightly since there aren’t spin bikes in the hotel gym, but I will still be doing my resistance/weight training and running.
This morning when I saw this amazing view out my window I knew there was no question of whether to run outside or inside. Since the temperature was only 53 degrees I chose to run in my Lululemon crop pants and my new Nike Run NYC technical shirt.
Within minutes I was out the door, using my Garmin to keep track of my distance. I chose a simple route, running up the strip and back, so I didn’t have to worry about safety or getting lost. I captured pictures for y’all during my run so you could experience the Las Vegas strip, in the bright morning sun.
I really enjoyed my route except for a few things which I forgot about running in Las Vegas:
- During my 3.2 mile run there were 5 stoplights, 1 of which I made. Therefore I had to reroute a number of times.
- You have to run up the escalators or stairs at every crosswalk which tired my legs out quicker than normal.
- Even though the Weather Channel says its only 53 degrees out there it felt like 83!
- It is really, really dry and my body still hasn’t adjusted.
- The altitude here is 2,000 feet which is a big difference from running at sea level.
My plan is to run outside at least a few more times this week and hopefully I’ll see improvements each time as I continue to hydrate and fuel for the week’s activities.
Question: Do you exercise when you travel for business and/or pleasure?