This week I have the pleasure of hosting Charlie, who some of you may remember from my time living abroad. A wonderful friend who I keep up with through email, text and social media, we hadn’t seen each other in a year since she lives in London. Hosting her post marathon has provided us the perfect opportunity to catch up. Tonight, around 5:30pm I realized that though I was hosting her for dinner this evening, I unfortunately had no ingredients in my fridge. Instead, when I opened the fridge looking for inspiration I had the harsh realization that I haven’t been to the grocery store this week. Does this happen to anyone else?
Anytime I need quick dinner inspiration, I turn to Pinterest. With a few easy search terms, which included fast, easy, healthy, fall and salad this evening, I had more than 50 different recipes at my fingertips just in time to head to the grocery store. Many of these use a few of the same ingredients, such as pecans, maple syrup, and cranberries, which means that if you buy a larger package, you can keep the leftovers in your pantry to use for the next week’s Fall salad.
In case your meal planning needs some inspiration, here is a round-up of healthy, delicious Fall salads that are filled with flavor, nutrients and enough protein and fat to leave you satiated.
- Fall Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad from Iowa Girl Eats
- Baby Kale Salad from Eating Bird Food
- Harvest Roasted Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad from Joyful Healthy Eats
- The Ultimate Fall Salad from Making Thyme for Health
- Autumn Fall Salad with Fennel, Honeycrisp and Goat Cheese from Cookie and Kate
- Autumn Arugula Salad from How Sweet Eats
- Fuji Apple Chicken Salad from Gimme Some Oven
- Kale Sald with Warm Cranberry Vinaigrette from Gimme Some Oven
- Fall Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Goddess Dressing from My Recipe Magic
- Warm Roasted Butternut Squash Salad from Minimalist Baker
- Autumn Kale Apple and Quinoa Salad from Cooking Classy
- Roasted Brussels Sprout and Apple Salad from Epicurious